Thursday, January 21, 2010

My new favorite thing

I just got these in the mail. They are called snackTAXIs. They are to take the place of plastic sandwich/snack bags. Gavin's school is having a campaign called "Goodwin goes green" and they are really promoting recycling & reusing. Gavin came home one day with a sandwich bag like this. The Goodwin goes green committee got together and made each kid a reusable sandwich bag. I loved the idea. I thought, "I would love to have these in snack sizes." Now, my sewing skills are...well...not that great or I would make some myself. The green committee has asked for volunteers to help on Saturday to help make 100 more sandwich bags. I'm going to help, I told them I could cut fabric, but my sewing skills, well, you know. LOL

This is just another step I'm taking to reduce waste. I've already tried to do away with plastic grocery bags. Although we do get some to use as bathroom trash liners(again, reusing). And we use florescent lightbulbs. Baby steps, but we are doing it!


No comments: